When it comes household maintenance, it's safe to say we are extra careful about making sure we don't clog our drains. We use drain stainers, we avoid using certain body scrubs in the shower, and we definitely never pour oil down our sinks. But the truth is, clogging happens, and when it does, you should follow these steps.
Unclog a drain for good
1. Use your trusty good plunger to clear the blockages in your drains and pipes. Yes, you can use this on your sinks, you may also want to use a smaller, sink plunger
2. If that doesn't work, move on to chemical drain cleaner
Keep your Drains Fresh
To prevent your drains from getting clogged in the first place, it's important to keep them fresh and free-flowing by using a homemade vinegar solution on the regular. This is especially good for seldom-used and showers, like in a guest bathroom.
1. Mix 1/2 cup baking soda with 1/4 cup table salt
2. Pour the mixture down the drain, followed by 1 cup heated vinegar. It will foam and bubble.
3. Let it stand for 15 minutes, if you leave it longer, it will be better.
4. Boil full kettle and pour down the drain.
Still not convinced that cleaning is the best use of your time? Give Zjcleaning a call on 0800 368 7446 to find a 5-star regular cleaner, so you can enjoy the spring sunshine. And don't forget to recommend us and get £15 off from your next booking.